Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5 

 
AguyinaRPG Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 04-2008
Posts: 1347
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


quote:

Bearanimations wrote:
 

So when did popularity affect naturalness (not sure if that's even a word lol)? I don't know about you, but I don't let the majority affect my opinion of what is good/not good or natural. Being natural is if in coincides with nature or natural processes, and I don't think the natural process of sex (can I say that word on this forum?) means two men or two women together, otherwise they could have children. Because the natural purpose of it is to reproduce, that is the main purpose, not just to feel good.

You have no place to say what's natural if it happened. If whatever power allowed it to happen, it's natural. Just because the first humans weren't gay doesn't mean they didn't think it was wrong. Infact, it was only a couple million years later that this "son of god" spoke out against this "issue". If the human species evolved in a way where to same-sex partners could reproduce, woul it be wrong then? No. Because humans are selfish.

quote:

Bearanimations wrote: Secondly, I have yet to see enough depletion of rescources or overpopulation to put our planet in danger.


Take a walk outside you lazy ****

quote:

Bearanimations wrote:
Isn't the cycle of life something everyone goes though while they are alive? Birth, reproduction, decayment, death (you could even throw taxes in there somewhere if you like) Can society exist when all people are gay? (unless you go all bio engineering on me). It can't, because there would be no reproduction, which would be bad (not gonna repeat what I stated above). As far as reasons go, different people will explain it different ways, too many for me to go into, plus I feel like I've typed enough, and that we should get back on topic, helping this guy out instead of debateing, if you'd like to continue, we could move this discussion into another thread.



 /sigh

The cycle of life varies depending on the person. No one can prove what the cycle of life is because babies can die at birth and childless old folk die at 90. And, as stated, if "god" or whatever made it so in your cycle he wants you to be different.

And if I believe it's fine to be gay, why should I "help him" not be. Christians are so caught up in their beliefs that they don't understand there are people behind that facade. (sp? FA-SAWD)
7/16/2009, 7:31 am Link to this post Send Email to AguyinaRPG   Send PM to AguyinaRPG
 
John DeJ Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 08-2007
Posts: 2105
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


Look up what "life" means:

the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

REPRODUCTION, you can only do that with a man and a woman naturally.

Therefore, the only reason for man and man or woman and woman to get together is sex. Don't give me this "love" crap.

It is unnatural. Sorry AguyinaRPG, you are completely wrong.
7/16/2009, 7:50 am Link to this post Send Email to John DeJ   Send PM to John DeJ
 
Zalabar Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 08-2007
Location: Alaska, anchorage,
Posts: 3068
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


    quote:
    Bearanimations wrote: Secondly, I have yet to see enough depletion of rescources or overpopulation to put our planet in danger.


Take a walk outside you lazy ****
__

two quicko questions,

1: have you been out of house, city, state, and country? there really is more space that what you're being fed.

and 2, (while off topic, and/or I might have forgot) but how do you few on all life being created.

---

7/16/2009, 7:51 am Link to this post Send Email to Zalabar   Send PM to Zalabar
 
AguyinaRPG Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 04-2008
Posts: 1347
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


quote:

John DeJ wrote:

Look up what "life" means:

the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

REPRODUCTION, you can only do that with a man and a woman naturally.

Therefore, the only reason for man and man or woman and woman to get together is sex. Don't give me this "love" crap.

It is unnatural. Sorry AguyinaRPG, you are completely wrong.



Poor misguided John. That is our definition. If you don't believe greater forces are at work and shape life into what it is today, then you're cool to believe that the english definition of a certain word is the definition that everyone must follow.

I however, don't think what we define something as has any meaning at all.
7/16/2009, 7:54 am Link to this post Send Email to AguyinaRPG   Send PM to AguyinaRPG
 
Bearanimations Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 04-2009
Posts: 37
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


quote:

AguyinaRPG wrote:


 

quote:

You have no place to say what's natural if it happened. If whatever power allowed it to happen, it's natural. Just because the first humans weren't gay doesn't mean they didn't think it was wrong. Infact, it was only a couple million years later that this "son of god" spoke out against this "issue". If the human species evolved in a way where to same-sex partners could reproduce, woul it be wrong then? No. Because humans are selfish.



The problem with this is you beleive that I'm just making up my own standards for nature based off my own opinions. When, in reality, I'm useing the actual standards of nature. I prefer not to repeat myself, so make sure you completely understand this before reposting something I already typed about: "Two men/two women relationships are not natural for this main reason: Reproduction is key for the continuation of human existance, this is not possible NATURALLY in these kinds of relationships because they cannot reproduce naturally, unless one of the men just so happend to be born with female genitalia (or vice versa)."

Secondly, being Catholic, I do not beleive in evolution, but lets just say an evolutionary miracle occured and two men could reproduce sexually, would it be natural? Yes. Would it be wrong? Depends on the person. Being Catholic, I would say it's wrong, however, others would dissagree with me. The main problem is, it's not that way, so it's not natural.

quote:

Take a walk outside you lazy ****



Just did, I see houses with lots of unused land, and I live in one of the more populated areas of my state (won't name it for privacy reasons). If I got 2 hours south, I will see more empty forests and wide open land, and I know this because I've been down that. Secondly, read my above post, have you been to kansas, nebraska, or another area of the GREAT PLAINS (cap'ed for emphasis), there wide, empty plains, plenty of area for people. I myself have been to Colorado, another place with wide empty spaces. Please think before posting, thank you.

quote:


 /sigh

The cycle of life varies depending on the person. No one can prove what the cycle of life is because babies can die at birth and childless old folk die at 90. And, as stated, if "god" or whatever made it so in your cycle he wants you to be different.



Yes you can prove the cycle of life. The cycle of life is something that the MAJORITY (again, cap'd for emphasis) of the population must participate in to survive as a species. These are, birth, reproduction, death. Notice it's only the majority that must participate in all three of these, and that everyone participates in two of them. Withought reproduction, you did not live a natural life. If a baby dies at 5 months, he didn't life a natural life, doesn't mean he is a bad person for not, but he just didn't. If the majority of a population does not participate in all three, then the population as a whole declines, thus eventually brining out an end in the species. Secondly, yes, as a Catholic, I do need to be different, that does not mean what I'm saying is wrong, especially since I described it in scientific terms, without using religion. (the reason behind doing so is that most non-religious people won't care what you say if you use the Bible to debate, mostly because they don't beleive it, so I must use their sciene to prove my points, which I have.)

quote:

And if I believe it's fine to be gay, why should I "help him" not be. Christians are so caught up in their beliefs that they don't understand there are people behind that facade. (sp? FA-SAWD)



Because he asked for help, not neccisarily for his friend to stop being gay (i might have misread the main post), but to help him out, so if you're not going to help, this isn't your forum topic. Secondly, others are so caught up in nit-picking us Christians and our beleifs, that they don't see us understanding and reaching out to those peoplebehind that facade (spelling as well).

If you'd like to continue this, please take it to another topic with me, I don't want to go off topic.

@ John DeJ: I don't know much about you, religion or opinions, but I find that the "Relationships for sex only" mostly causes shallow/half relathionships than ones about love. A great topic to debate, but also kind of off topic here, but your the moderator, so I could debate this with you wherever you want.




7/16/2009, 8:20 am Link to this post Send Email to Bearanimations   Send PM to Bearanimations
 
Zalabar Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 08-2007
Location: Alaska, anchorage,
Posts: 3068
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


yup, this is getting confusing, since everybody's getting tangled up

---

7/16/2009, 8:21 am Link to this post Send Email to Zalabar   Send PM to Zalabar
 
Dusky Beauty Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 10-2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 510
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


Well, dispensed advice has run it's course. Homosexuality debate: this way to opinions thread-->> imho

Like Zal said, I wouldn't write off your sexuality just yet.

My dad was actually worried for most of my high school career that I was a lesbian because I didn't talk about boys much, I didn't have posters of boys in my bedroom, I didn't date anyone and I enjoyed tomboyish things like shooting and video games, and I had several close female friends I spent a lot of time with.
I actually wasn't attracted to any boys at the time because no one I knew in high school had the qualities I was looking for and I didn't flirt because I was convinced I wasn't as attractive as my classmates and I tried to guard myself against the rejection I imagined I'd suffer.
On the other hand I didn't have any crushes on my female friends either. (Perhaps he should have been worried that I was no-sexual? haha!)

Last edited by Dusky Beauty, 7/16/2009, 10:35 am


---

UO: Reatha Starfell, CoH: Dusk Fairchild, WoW: Qurr, Pursia, Flaire, WAR: Dusk Starfelle
7/16/2009, 10:24 am Link to this post Send Email to Dusky Beauty   Send PM to Dusky Beauty ICQ AIM
 
AguyinaRPG Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 04-2008
Posts: 1347
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


I didn't try to start a debate, I mearly said that something that happens is natural.

/ˈnætʃərəl, ˈnætʃrəl/ Pronunciation [nach-er-uhl

1. existing in or formed by nature

[ney-cher]

1. the material world, esp. as surrounding humankind and existing independently of human activities.

If it happens, it's natural.

But as said I actually agree with Zal. Don't give up on your sexuality but don't think it's a bad thing if you turn out to be gay as these people are clearly indicating.
7/16/2009, 12:09 pm Link to this post Send Email to AguyinaRPG   Send PM to AguyinaRPG
 
Zalabar Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 08-2007
Location: Alaska, anchorage,
Posts: 3068
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


Last call from the Z-train before he rolls out to find something new to post:

XD

never convince yourself one-way or another,
or you'd sort of make the mistake like Peter from family guy did, when he volunteered for genetic shots that would alter him.

he chose to get the gay shot, then when he came to, lol, you'll get it.


Time to disco!

---

7/16/2009, 1:52 pm Link to this post Send Email to Zalabar   Send PM to Zalabar
 
John DeJ Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user
Global user

Registered: 08-2007
Posts: 2105
Reply | Quote
Re: Arrgh! Sexuality issues!!!!


The problem with that Aguy is you are trying to apply a board base definition for a word that already has 20+ meanings. Look up "set" some time, there are like 100+ meanings.

based on the state of things in nature; constituted by nature:

by that definition nothing would be "unnatural"

The real question is does it occur in nature naturally?

Humans tend to put their own spin on what happens. Put two male dogs together in a room and one will try to mount the other. Does that mean they are gay? Or is it a dominance issue?

As to what I said about gays, I'd defy anyone to find an article where gays didn't say that sexual pleasure wasn't a part of their equation.

Every gay I have ever know, every one I've interviewed for research, all research I've done state that it was th
7/16/2009, 1:59 pm Link to this post Send Email to John DeJ   Send PM to John DeJ
 


Add a reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5 





You are not logged in (login)

Main

Introduction

Forum

Novels

Short Stories

Poetry

Games

Movies

Reason

Store